Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Abstract (Revised)

Title: Pioneers and Converts: an African heritage

Topic: Church history and Pioneers in Rural Africa.

Background: We often focus on the pioneer heritage of the early Latter Day Saints of European decent. There are, however, many unsung heroes of church history relating to other parts of the world.


Scope: This essay addresses the history of early pioneer converts in Africa and their influence.


Justification: The research will help others to greater understand and appreciate modern pioneers in Africa


2 comments:

kaitlyn.e said...

Your title mentions converts, but your background and scope doesn't. I recently wrote a paper about my parents (who are converts) as being my pioneer heritage. When you mention converts in your title, do you mean to talk about recent converts? Or specifically converts that became pioneers? Either way it will be an interesting paper. Try writing your paper for the symposium instead of for Dr. Hallen; see how it transforms your writing. Well done.

Sofia said...

A very intersting topic, some of my ancestors are from Africa so I would be interested to read your completed paper. Althogh your abstract is to the point, I feel that your scope is quite broad (Africa is a huge place!), I was wondering if there's a particular group or counrty in Africa that you will be writing about?