Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How Small (revised reflection)







































I gaze up at the grandeur and realize how small I am. The leaves connected to one branch, that brance to a tree and that tree to an entire forest. All connected as one being.
All of it bigger then I.

More magnificent.

Sitting at the base of raging waters, I am but one small thing compared to the many that surround me. The mist rolls of the mountains as the heavens play their part in the scheme of life.

The life of our world.

The feeling of being only a small part of this world hits suddenly. The majesty of the creation is all around. Wonder fills my mind. It is incomprehensible, at times I feel so on top of the world, so in control. Yet when I remove myself from the world I can really feel my part in the creation, instead of just ignoring it like I do so often.

It takes my breath away.

I am loved so much to be given the earth’s beauty to look at and receive inspiration from. An open sanctuary for all; for anyone and everyone to share.
The sun hits the mountain just right, reflecting the colors brilliantly. My eyes can’t take it in all at once. I just want to see everything at the same time. I want to be able to breathe it all in, in one breath. The wind in the trees, the sound of all God’s creations communicating with one another. The detail and the love that went into every little rock or stick.
I like to imagine at times that the creation was a group effort. Each of us giving part of ourselves to this earth before we came. I can see myself laughing and applauding at the way the leaves dance on the wind, or how the brook sings softly in the lazy afternoon. I can see my jaw drop as the color is painted into the world with the passing seasons.

I see all this.

I realize how lucky I really am.

How small I am

In a world full of grand buildings and cities, with structures of pure genius. It is obvious that these creations are inspired. God made these wonders that we can not replicate. Our buildings and cities and highways are our way of trying to create something majestic. Yet we come up short, we are too small to match the magnificent things of this world. Even with the grandeur of these man-made wonders, nothing makes you feel as small, or as loved as the majesty of the earth

I am but one small thing in this world.
And yet as small as I am my role can not be missed. I believe every leave that dances in the wind and every brook that sings is my doing. They sing and dance for my, to remind me of part in this grand creations.

How small I am

How big my part is.

1 comment:

Cynthia Hallen said...

I love the freedom of your style. And the enthusiasm. Full credit earned.