Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Memory (revised for real)



Hands clinging to the chain link fence. I survey the damage of my world gone astray. The scene is so bleak. I almost trick my eyes into believing there is no color in this place, only the black and the white the constant battle between good and bad. A single cross stands erect; a representative of the once proud being that stood tall. Now only ashes. I am taken back to that horrible day. I watched in horror as my view of the world came tumbling down with that second tower. I was young and didn't understand the meaning. Why would someone do this. All the memories of that fateful day poured into as a stared at its remains. The mist drifted around the city creating a solemn mood.

Why?

What goes through the minds of these killers? Why would intensionally hurt someone? My heart aches for the families that lost loved ones. The values that we hold so dear seem to not translate to others. A clear vision shows us the corruption of our world. Will we ever gain it back. How do we find ourselves again under the filth of our race? Somewhere deep inside of us is a light, though buried it is there. Yet how long will it take to surface? Will it ever surface?

Yes!

Someday. Someday the light will burst through. Yet sadly as the saying goes, it only gets darkest before the dawn. I fear that we have not yet seen exactly how dark it can became. How much longer?

How much longer?

How much darker?

How much?

1 comment:

Cynthia Hallen said...

A powerful lament for 9/11. I like the question you asked: Will our race ever find itself again beneath the filth. Full credit earned.