Friday, December 5, 2008

Conference Paper Abstract Revised

Title: Music is Key to Learning

Background:

For years people have done studies researching the positive effects of music education. The Utah Legislature is currently trying to remove the elective (music) classes from the curriculum, and this will greatly hinder a child’s learning capabilities.

Purpose:

I will prove to the Utah Legislature and all readers, that music education in the school is vital to a child’s education and overall success in life.

Method:

I will study previous research, read studies, gather quotes, organize facts, and present statistics that will prove how a child’s life is enhanced by music education.

Anticipated Results:

I plan to demonstrate that music education has positive effects on every facet of a child’s life: math, reading, memory, spatial relationships, coordination, self-esteem, discipline, and relationships with peers.




I am going to create my own blog to present my research to a broad audience.

2 comments:

Cynthia Hallen said...

This revision is very effective. Please feel free to put the last sentence about creating a blog in the Purpose section of the abstract. Full credit earned.

PS: I have noted the thoughtful comments you have posted for the drafts of classmates.

PS2: The "Celebration of Christmas" matinee was inspiring, and I was happy to see you perform again, especially in the "Greensleeves" fantasia.

girl with freckles said...

I really like the idea of creating an ongoing research project accessible to the public via your own blog. Have you created it yet?