Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Spiritual and Intellectual Quest.

Intellectual Quest.

As a young girl I thought that I had a career picked out. I knew what I wanted and I had a plan to get it. Then the years started to pass by and my view of the world, my abilities, and the career I had chosen, changed. I started to change my mind back and forth, not being able to decide what I wanted to do. So this semester I thought that I would take several classes to help me make up my mind. As I took these classes I explored my options and found myself becoming more and more indecisive. I know that I want to do something that will help people. I want to do my share of good in the world. Yet there career that I had been looking into isn't always viewed that way. People wouldn't look at my career path and say, "Now there goes someone who wants to do good for the world." It doesn't even have to be the world. One person at a time would be fine.

Then as the semester progressed I realized that I didn't need require that my career let me do this. I could do it on my own without the help of a career. I could find time outside of work to do little acts of service. I did it in high school so why not in the job field. I have finally chosen my career and I am sticking to it. I might have to work harder and do more, but in the end it will be worth it. I might not like it at times, but I will be able to help somebody. My intellectual quest this year was finding out what the rest of my life would look like. It was finding goals and setting them. My intellectual quest has stemmed a greater quest and goal towards the near and distant future.

My Spiritual Quest

My spiritual quest was not as easy to find or define. I thought about the focus of my McKay essay and thought that the subject that I had written on would be my quest. Yet as I thought I realized that it wasn't quite right. I had one instance in my life that was part of my quest, but it didn't make up the quest entirely. Then, it came to me. My quest is trying to find where what I want in life and what the Lord wants for me, meet up. What I want and what He wants could be the same thing, but at different times. It happens so often in life. Where I desire one thing, but instead get another, or get what I want at a later time in life. The time table to Him is totally different from ours, and his is the only one that matters.

I also think that my quest had to parts. The other rooted from talking and arguing with friends about the heated subjects that our country has produced in the last few months. I find it easier to argue with stranger and to stand up for what you believe in because you don't know them as well, and as much as you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or put down anyone's opinions, it is easier to express your own with out those worries if it is with someone you don't know as well. Yet debating with your friends is a whole different matter. I found it hard to try to not offend them but still stick to what I believed. However, I had chosen my stance long before the issue came up. I wasn't going to be fence-sitter. The Lord doesn't need fence-sitters. He need people who will stand up and chose a side. It is hard to do when the side of the fence you choose, isn't the one your friends choose, but it has to be done.


The Fellowship of the Unashamed
author unknown

I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
The die has been cast.
I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made.
I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I have the Holy Spirit'S Power.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.
I now live by faith, lean on His presence, love with patience, live by prayer and labour with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough,
my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, and my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deterred, diluted or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up, or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up and spoken up for the cause of Christ.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I must go till' He comes, give till' I drop, preach till' all know and work till' He stops me.
And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
My banner is clear: "I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.."
I am part of the 'Fellowship of the Unashamed.'


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was impressed by the words: "my past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure". It reflects total communion with the Deity.

Thanks for sharing your words.