Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Eternal Cycle of Water (Revised Reflection)

Here at one of the Utah Mountains, in the middle of world, of this immense world we call Earth; I am amazed just to think a bit about the cycles of nature.

This cascade before my eyes, this unstoppable water falling down without rest, the energy unfolded, steady and perpetual. The water finds its own way, forming a creek that goes down the way to meet a river, which in turn will meet another river that will find naturally its way to the ocean and the ocean cannot be filled. In the same way, our lives are like this cascade water and we are about to find our way in this mortal life. Through rocks, woods and shrubs this water finds its own way in nature to fulfill the purpose of its creation, in the same way through adversities, trials and joy we must find our way in life.

I look at the sky and see the clouds in their slow motion and these are also part of the eternal cycle of water. They are the water coming back from the ocean to close the cycle that started who knows when, who knows where. I witness with awe the majesty of the Ruler who set up this cycle of nature, the natural laws that govern it and the benefit that brings us.

The elements are there working harmoniously, playing properly the rules of their own creation, while lost in my own thoughts, flashbacks from the past that brought me to this point in my life, an internal soliloquy that unnoticedly I hold, they come back and forth. Those are moments when time does not matter at all. And I feel very satisfied and thankful to life, even though those past years were not easy ones, I have no regrets about the decisions I took since my heart told me they were the right ones to take and suddenly in a fraction of a second it came the realization that if I had to live again the same experiences I had to live in the past, I would ended up taking the same decisions, because they were the right ones to take.

An immense feeling of joy flooded my heart when I realized that like the water of this cascade I am finding my way to my right destination.

4 comments:

Cynthia Hallen said...

Your fluency is amazing. Not just a flood of words, but the smooth transition of one insight to another. Are you a philosopher-poet at heart? I recommend that you read or re-read Emerson and Thoreau.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments. I never put a label to myself, but I think you came up with the right label. Deep thoughts are inside and around me since I was a child, it is not a culture thing like Breighlin suggested in class, it is just me, the way I am, the way I think. The way I write comes right from them. I never read Emerson nor Thoreau, but after your comments I would love to read them.

kaitlyn.e said...

The whole thing was great, but I just love the ending. The imagery of your joy cascading like the water that is flowing as you discover something significant. Great job.

girl with freckles said...

I love the consistent motif of water - whether it is joy "flooding" your heart or even words that sound fluid like soliloquy. Great job!